August 13, 2009

August 10-13, 2009 Recap

This summer has taken a nosedive deep into the water. Like in the deep end, but you didn't dive up after going down fell through the cement down into the foundation. Best part? You're still falling.

This past week has been a slow, but steady improvement of morale. To be honest, I'm not like full blown gleamy happy. I don't think I will be anytime soon. Who knows though, something might happen that I don't see coming that'll shock me. But after a mediocre to good week this week and a typical week to a shitty week two weeks ago things for the most part are going quite well. This week was a fairly calm and laid back week and it gave me time to relax and think hard about important things that I want to do right my junior year. It seems a bit weird for a 16, almost 17 year old to think about it in that retrospect, but it's what I did. Below I'll recap my day.

Seeing though that I have not typed a single Tyler Talk this week, even though I did have time to, I might as well take the time to recap each day in a paragraph summary, so you Tyler Talk deprived fans can get a basic conceptual understand of the summer life of a crippled kid. Really though, this week made it seem like I got no life, primarily because of the injuries that I suffered. Now since a lot of the day were repetitive, I had to revert somewhat to my iCal and my Twitter feed to inform me with such...exciting events I did.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday was the first day back home from my week on vacation in Cape May, New Jersey. Originally, my plan was to go back to work today at Site Works, Inc. in Manassas. Well, also my plan for today because of the injury was not to go to work, but go get my arm checked out at the orthopedist. We needed to check to see a cast I might potentially need. Thankfully since I wasn't going to work, I slept in until around 11:00 AM, which for an early riser like me who normally gets up between 8:30-10:00 AM, that's pretty deep sleeping in, if you ask me. Now...I had to wait until around 3:00 PM, until we got a call from the orthopedic offices that I would not be seen until 1:00 PM. So, that day was pretty much wasted. It was spent resting my are in a splint, and watching TV, going online, and such. Got kind of boring after three hours.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This day, was unfortunately, the only day thus far that week I knew I would be heading out of the house. I would be going to the doctor's office to have the orthopedist take a new x-ray on my elbow to see what the damage done was. I spent a lot of the day though tweeting about how...lame my day was going to be. First, we went to FedEx Kinko's at University Mall ('we' is my Mom and I), and then we drove to the orthopedist. It was like good old memories again of my mom driving me places...primarily because driving around with a broken elbow is probably not the best idea.

The doctor checked my elbow, he knew it was broken, ran some x-rays and we got a surprising outcome. My arm was not going to be casted! It was some shocking news to hear that, but it was so that my elbow wouldn't stiffen from the accident and so that I can do therapy about three to five times a day by turning my arm and bending my elbow. It wouldn't make the fracture any worse, and it would help the healing process. After the pleasant news, I got the rough news. That was no physical activity for four to six weeks. Thus meaning I would miss our team's soccer camp and the first two regular season matches. driving for at least two weeks.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Supposedly early this day there was a meteor shower to view at around 4:00 AM. Guess what I was doing at 4:00 AM Wednesday morning?! I was...sleeping! I thought it wasn't worth it, not because of the awkwardly early time, but also because it was a cloudy and stormy night. We have enough stormy nights as it is during the summer, so I found no need to exert more effort to see an illumination show in the clouds. Since once again I had planned on working today, and because of a series of unfortunate events, I had no plans for today. That afternoon though I watched the United States take on Mexico in soccer at Estadio Azteca.

Now, the Azteca is one of the world's most intimidating stadiums in soccer to play at. Mexican soccer fans without any questions asked are the biggest dicks in the world of soccer fans. Throwing trash and opponents, and so on. Plus, if there's any team they hate's the United States. In international soccer, the USA and Mexico are big time rivals. Kind of like the Cowboys and the Redskins. Or the Yankees and the Red Sox. These two along with Costa Rica and Honduras are the big boys of CONCACAF and really often vie for the title as the stronger team in CONCACAF.

Since the USA never has beaten Mexico in Mexico or in the Azteca, I didn't suspect the USA in winning this game, yet alone score a goal. Well, what do you know? In the ninth minute a pass from Michael Bradley to Charlie Davies led to a goal with the USA up 1-0 over Mexico. Damn. Davies' celebrating made my day. He went to the corner kick flag and starting singing and dancing as if the flagpole was a microphone. The Mexican supporters were throwing trash at Davies and Davies was messing with them. It was a sign of things to come. Basically we told Mexico "hey! We're NOT afraid of you!" And the Mexican team knew they wouldn't have an easy match. Sure Mexico won...but not with ease. Good game though. USA will probably spank the rest of the teams in world cup qualification...Mexico, will fight to even qualify. Yikes!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

It was truly another lame, boring day. The only worthwhile thing I probably did this day was finish my summer reading book, entitled 90 Minutes in Heaven. Since that's all, I might as well go on an explain the book to you. Truly, it's a crazy book.

About the Author

Tyler Walter

Author & Editor

Has laoreet percipitur ad. Vide interesset in mei, no his legimus verterem. Et nostrum imperdiet appellantur usu, mnesarchum referrentur id vim.



TYLER TALK © 2015 - Designed by, Plugins By